From The Butterfly Effect – Buy it here
A lot of people like to hate Ashton Kutcher but I’ve never fully understood why. He was always entertaining as Kelso, Punk’d had some decent bits (the JT episode is still hilarious), and Dude, Where’s My Car? still makes me laugh. ZOLTAN! This movie works for me for many reasons and I know most people will disagree. That’s cool. BULLET POINTS! (there will be spoilers) :
- I usually enjoy movies with alternate realities/time travel for the most part. The first lines of the movie hooked me in:
“If anyone finds this, it means my plan didn’t work and I’m already dead. But if I can somehow go back to the beginning of all of this, I might be able to save her. “
- Eric Stoltz as the creepy child porn making dad.
- Callum Keith Rennie as Ashton’s father. He’s great. He should have had more scenes.
- Jesse James, as 13 year old Tommy, puts in a pretty great performance through out the movie. Tommy is jacked.
- Ethan Suplee as Thumper. He looks like a Killer Klown without the makeup.
- Amy Smart’s best movie that isn’t called Crank or Crank 2.
- The completely fucked up firework in the mailbox scene.
- “Wrong answer, fuck bag. This is the very moment of your reckoning. In the next 30 seconds you’re gonna open 1 of 2 doors. “
- The effect they use to show what happens every time Evan changes something.
- This fucking song never fails to make me have feelings. DAMN YOU FEELINGS. I BURIED YOU FOR A REASON.
- Kevin Durand as Carlos.
- Asgardian Lenny.
- The Director’s Cut ending of a CG Baby Evan strangling himself in the womb. Fucking lulz.