From Bride of Chucky – Buy it here
It shouldn’t need to be said, but Bride of Chucky is honestly the best entry in the Child’s Play franchise. Chucky was never scary if you were over the age of 8 and the first 3 movies were not good. At all. Brad Dourif was always awesome as Charles Lee Ray but the other actors? Eh…. That all changed when the series decided to take a humorous turn and often became a self-referential parody. Once that decision was made, Chucky became an awesome anti-hero Brad was really able to let loose. So why is this movie my favorite entry in the series? BULLET POINTS ARE YOUR FRIEND TO THE END:
- Brad Dourif.
- Jennifer “I get better looking as I age” Tilly. Seriously. She just oozes awesomeness as Tiffany and you can tell she’s having a blast with the character of Tiffany.
- The opening scene when it’s shown that this universe and A Nightmare on Elm Street, Friday the 13th, The Texas Chainsaw Massacre, and Halloween are shared. I always like silly fan-service like that. Much like in The Evil Dead series with Freddy’s claw being shown in the shed.
- Alexis Arquette as Damien. Alexis is hilarious in this role and the way Damien goes out is great as well. “You know what the French call an orgasm? La petite morte. “The Little Death.” Come on, Tiffany. Let’s die a little.” I was also a fan of this quick shot:
- John “I died far too soon” Ritter as the asshole cop is a nice change of pace.
- Jennifer “I ooze sexuality” Tilly. Seriously. Look at her…DAYYYUMMMM:
- John Ritter’s death and Chucky’s line: “Why does that look so familiar?“
- The scene where Chucky gets locked in the playpen by Tiffany and he’s playing with a Speak And Spell. “Spell woman“
- The soundtrack.
- The animatronic Chucky puppet is so much more expressive in this movie and it makes such a huge difference. Same with the Tiffany doll. I’m a HUGE FAN of practical FX.
- I’m always a happy camper when someone gets liquified by getting hit by a large vehicle. So this scene was great:
- The ridiculous sex scene. “Have I got a rubber? Tiff, look at me. I’m ALL rubber.“
- Andy Barclay is no where to be found. Thank fucking god.