From Gremlins 2: The New Batch – Buy it here
Gremlins 2 is one of the few sequels that is much better than the original movie. It’s in good company with The Empire Strikes Back, Dawn of the Dead, and Wrong Turn 2 (seriously, WT2 is fucking awesome). Joe Dante crafted this live action Looney Tunes movie and filled it with amazing set pieces and humor. Why is this movie better than the first? Let’s go through some reasons:
- A better animatronic Gizmo helped with a better range of emotions. Seriously, look at this face:
- John Glover as Daniel Clamp is one of his best performances, EVER.
- Dick Miller is the man and is one of my favorite 80’s character actors.
- Splice ‘O Life and everything that happens with it.
- The entire Clamp building. It is its own character and it’s hilarious. “Fire: The Untamed Element, Oldest of Man’s Mysteries, Giver of warmth, Destroyer of forests, right now *this* building is on fire. ” also “Tonight, on the Clamp Cable Classic Movie Channel, don’t miss Casablanca, now in full color with a happier ending. “
- The best thing Howie Mandel has done that isn’t Little Monsters.
- George and Lenny. Those two are probably my favorite Mogwais in the movie.
- Microwave Marge.
- Frank Welker’s voice works as Mohawk.
- Christopher Lee as Doctor Catheter. “Back order, back order. All a man wants is some fresh germs! ” He’s so over the top and it’s great.
- Haviland Morris as Marla. Billy should have got up in those guts.
- The numerous breaks of the fourth wall. Especially Hulk Hogan’s scene. “Do you think the Gremsters can stand up to the Hulkster?“
- Robert Picardo’s scenes with the female Gremlin. She was oddly attractive for a murderous creature. It was the boobs. Boobs always help.
- Grandpa Fred and his camera man.
- The Rambo scene.
- The Brain Gremlin.
- The music number.