From Grandma’s Boy – Buy it here
This movie completely surprised me. The trailers made it look completely humorless, it’s a Happy Madison production (those usually suck), and movies about video games usually get everything completely wrong. Color me surprised when this movie ended up being pretty hilarious and instantly quotable. In fact my wife and I still quote this movie on a weekly basis. It’s easily one of the top 5 stoner comedies of all time. So how did this Happy Madison project end up not being a complete piece of shit? BULLET POINTS LOADING:
- Allen Covert is the film’s MVP. Usually a bit player in Happy Madison flicks, he completely owns this movie. He’s funny, charming, and works great without Sandler.
- Linda Cardellini is smoking hot as the love interest. She also does a great rendition of “PushIt” by Salt-n-Pepa.
- “I CAN’T STOP CUMMING!!! I’M SORRY. IT FEELS SOOOOO GOOODDDD”
- Kevin Nealon as Mr. Cheezle.
- “Yeah, but it’s a fucking sweet car”
- The DDR scene.
- Allen Covert re-heating his food. I’ve been there before.
- Kevin Nash is in it.
- The video game stuff isn’t 100% accurate (best tester offices ever), but they tried.
- “You’re a hooker!”
- J.P.’s character.
- Peter Dante and his television interview.
- Shirley Jones as the horny roommate.
- “The phone is for you. I think it’s the devil.”
- Adam Sandler is no where to be found.